Friday, September 6, 2013

Books on Mental Health

Mental health is a major issue in the world today. There are numerous articles and books on mental health that have been written in the aim of assisting people to overcoming these types of health issues. But how effective is just read books about mental health going to be to the reader? That depends on many factors of course.

In the news:

In a recent study, 1 out of every 5 people wrestle with some form of mental illness. Some cases are severe while others go unnoticed. If those stats are true, and this percentage of people do struggle in some way with mental illness, then what can one do to help his mental state? Seeing as the majority of the population is not at risk, then I propose that by simply educating oneself by reading books about mental issues can be of great assistance to the overall population.

I am not at risk:

For example, if I do not consider myself at risk for these health issues, then maybe I can gain some knowledge on the topic and help someone close to me that I know. Even more, I could help another person who I don't even know just by reading books about mental health so I know "what to say" and "how to say it" when given the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment